Sunday, March 6, 2011

Writing a new pattern; day 2

Party Favor Tags by Bellezaeluce
Missed day 1? check it out here.

This was WAY more ambitious then I anticipated. That may be because i have chosen non-american patterns to use as reference, it may also be because I have no clue what I am doing. I have frogged 4 times since yesterday and downloaded some new patterns (from American authors this time) to see if that will make a difference.

The yarn I have chosen is sticky, which means i dont lose stitches when I drop them, but when I frogged I often had to literally rip it appart! I may have to try knitting someone else's pattern from beginning to end in order to understand technique before I can start another version.

PS: Once this thing is complete, there may be a giveaway because I am pretty sure I will never want to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis