Sunday, March 20, 2011

Writing a New Pattern: conclusion

Cobweb Lace Stole by KrazyKnitter01
I am very disappointed. I really wanted to document my successful journey from idea to pattern, but as most of us creative types know, not every project turns into anything.

There were several problems from the get go:
  • I have never knit a lace shawl before
  • the design was geared to women (not my target audience)
  • It was taking too damn long (most of my projects take less then 2 days to come together)
As you can see, this design was just not meant to be. I am planning instead to record a series of videos on some of the knitting techniques required to knit from my patterns. Useful to my friends and customers!

For those of you looking forward to purchasing said design, here is a great capelet from BernioliesDesigns that has a web-like appearance and a knit doily done in the round by Patternsalacarte

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis