Tuesday, March 29, 2011

FREE PATTERN! Plus: Learn to knit in the round

I spend most of my time now-a-days knitting golf club covers of various characters. It is hard to believe that a few short years ago (2005 to be exact) I had not knit a stitch. Now I can cast on and knit without even thinking about what I am doing.

You too can knit my golf club covers, but first, grasshopper, you must learn to knit in the round. Below is a great pattern to start with. You will make a complete project and learn the technique in an afternoon.

ADDED BONUS:

I have made a video tutorial! These videos will walk you through 3 of the most popular techniques used when knitting in the round. Learn how to use Double Pointed Needles, 2 Circulars, or 1 Circular for Magic Loop.

Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn
size 8 US DPN's or circular knitting needles
scissors
darning needle

Pattern:
Cast on 40 stitches and connect them in the round
*k1 p1*, repeat across to 4"
Cast off
You can see mine on a cup on the right --->

You now have what can be used as a funky wrist band or a coffee cup cozy! AND you have learned the basic technique of knitting in the round.

You can pick up one of my more advanced patterns (like the one on the left) in my etsy shop, or on ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis