peel and stick chalkboard (available at ACMoore) or chalkboard paint (available at Michaels)
magnet sheets (printable or self adhesive, either is fine. Available at most craft stores)
large circle about 9" in diameter or circle cutter
- peel and stick magnet to chalkboard, peel and stick sides facing
- trace circle onto chalkboard using chalk
- cut out circle, you now have your "puck"
- draw hockey stick onto cardboard and cut out
- trace hockey stick so that they are a similar shape or draw a second stick and cut out
- glue white paper to both sides of cardboard
- cut white paper following edge of the "hockey stick"
- decorate the sticks as you like using markers. this is a great place to put your favorite team or kid's names.
- glue these sticks to the chalkboard side of your puck
- grab a piece of chalk, hang it on your fridge and you are done!