Monday, May 11, 2009

what a weekend!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

What a long weekend. Of course, saturday we were busy all day with our usual errands, and on top of that I had to finish up all the loose ends for Sunday's festivities. Saturday night we had plans with my MIL for dinner. Thank goodness they decided we should sit outside on the deck because I am not sure I could have rangled the little ones successfully enough to have them sit through that meal. On top of that, my poor FIL was in a TERRIBLE mood and took it out on anyone within earshot. I drove up to my mother's apartment in the city immediately after dinner, which of course meant my little one had to hold in pee for the last half hour of the ride.

The next morning, during the quite hour between 6 and 7, I finished up the baby booties I am knitting for http://redlinc.etsy.com and watched Star Trek on TV Land. I can say that was definitely a nice way to start my day. Woke the kids up, got them dressed, walked a 1.5 mile race with my daughter, mother and step-grandmother, then had a picnic lunch in Central Park with the family. I think if my daughter hears the fraze "four generations" one more time her head will explode!

After relaxing in the park, we went up to my father's house to spend the afternoon with his family. Lots of cousins, aunts and uncles in attendance. Tons of food as usual. I probably should not have eaten as much as I did! Let me just say that I LOVE veal and peppers. Then off to home for some much needed sleep. I just wish I could have slept in today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis