Sunday, April 3, 2011

Top Shop: the twitter experiment (part 2)

All You Need Is Love by AbbieRoad
If you didn't read Part 1, you can check it out here.

Now on to Part 2...

It was a total failure! I am terrible at scheduling myself to do anything. Even when I have it written in a calendar it will often go undone unless I FEEL like it.

Day 1, 2, 3... I tweeted a link to my shop, when I remembered, then didn't do it at the same time the next day. Then I lost interest in the experiment. So goes the life of an adult with ADD.

There is a lesson to be learned here.

  1. play to your strengths. If it is not in your nature to work on a schedule like that every day, don't force yourself. Nothing important can come from your struggle.
  2. twitter, while it is a wonderful free tool for promotion, is not the be-all end-all. What works for some wont for others.
  3. Yes, I do get small jumps in traffic from twitter, but a large portion of the traffic to my shop is from google searches. That I learned on google analytics.

anyone else want to try the twitter experiment and let me know how it turns out for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis