Thursday, April 14, 2011

Simple Knit: the Bunny Square

It is often easy to forget how much fun it is to just whip a project up in no time at all. Well, most of my projects take about a day for me to make so maybe I am not the person who should be making that statement, but it doesn't make it any less true!

My Finished Bunny
While knitting at a Girl Scout meeting, some of the other moms asked if I would be willing to teach them how to work the needles. I was excited at the idea of turning new people on to this ancient art and excitedly accepted the challenge.

Now what would a new knitter want to make?

I remember knitting my first scarf. It felt like it went on FOREVER. A bookmark is just not enough time to get the hang of what you are doing. A washcloth, who wants to make one of those...

A Bunny Square!

I found a great blog that had a nice, easy pattern. I did a run through. I am ready to teach these newbees how to knit.

Just in time for Easter, knit up a bunny in about an hour. I am sure I am going to make more :)

2 comments:

  1. After teaching my son how to knit, I have one word of advice. Teach them the purl stitch first. Patrick learned to knit first and purling has been a chore for him. I think if you teach the harder stitch first, the easier one is that much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too late, I already taught my kids the knit stitch. I will take it into consideration when I teach the girl scouts this week though.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis