Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Painting Again

I decided that it was too nice a day to sit inside so I grabbed my acrylic paints and drove over to Yarn-It. I expected to paint a semi-urban landscape (which you could say I did) but fixated on this little tree outside Bari's store. It was all alone in its concrete box while plants and trees flourished in the open just across the road.

I sat outside in the heat for 2 solid hours before I was forced to take a break and sit inside in the air conditioning. It is for that reason alone I am glad I chose not to paint on the beach. There would be no escaping the heat there! Plein air painting is a lot harder then it sounds. Besides the fact that it was hot out, the sky was constantly changing and shifting shadows over time. My canvas got knocked over several times as well, thank goodness I was using acrylic! I did enjoy the aspect of being outside though.

1 comment:

  1. High Five for your perserverance, and I LOVE the finished product! Nice job.... and see? THAT'S why I love acrylics so (that and the non-toxic thingie, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis