Tuesday, June 16, 2009

looking for inspiration

After all the excitement of yesterday; the review, the treasury; I wanted to be inspired to create something new. I am feeling too all over the map. Do I want to do a wearable, like a shirt graphic or bag. Or do i want to try some more youth oriented illustrations. I think the first trick is going to be getting out of bed and off the laptop!

One of my first stops was at Dehlias. This is definately a store that caters to young women with trendy tastes. I poked around their housewares, lots of bright colors and interesting combinations.

Next I checked out Hot Topic. Not a ton of housewares, but definately heavy on the graphic content. The image choices and styling worked with my own asthetic.

I know that women 18-34 with college educations are not necessarily shopping in these venues, but Amazon is just too big and overwhelming to get any real ideas from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis