Friday, August 20, 2010

Undiscovered Gold

Swell 20x20 pillow
This week I was in the mood to lie down while on my search for a fabulous etsy shop. Maverick June certainly would make that more comfortable.


The pillowcases in her shop are clever, to say the least. Every single one is made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic water bottles and have washable, non-allergenic poly-fil inserts. The images are cut by hand and machine stitched. Every pillow is made to order, so you can match your clever image with your color scheme.


Word 20x20 pillow
I was amazed by the variety of items in her shop. They are all very graphic in nature and can appeal to a vastly different audience. My favorite, for example, is WORD. To me it reminds me of my childhood and the silly fashionable language of youth. It also says, yes, I am a word written on this pillow.


Rock On 20x20 pillow
The best thing about throw pillows is that they are an easy way to change the decor of a room. I learned watching Christopher Lowell that if you pick a very basic couch you can use colored pillows to add punch and change them seasonally if you desire. This might be the shop to stock up on different words for your seasonal tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis