Friday, August 7, 2009

Tendonitis and the Artist


IMMOBILIZED!


I had to put that in caps because that is how I am feeling. I cannot paint without pain. I am not knitting for fear that it will aggravate it. I really shouldn't be on the computer. This is far and away one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. The only thing worse would be if I had an actual cast so I lost full use of the arm. Or maybe losing the arm completely, but then I would just try and teach myself to be a lefty because I couldn't wait it out.


The good news is I have been seriously looking into selling my art. I know I have my etsy shop, but I am talking about getting into galleries and making connections with consultants that sell art to collectors. I have been in contact with at least a dozen art reps, consultants and advisers since Monday and have spoken on the phone to about half of them. They all have one thing in common, they want money. Ah, how we all love money. I don't even know how to judge if one is better then the rest!


SO... if you know of someone or you work with someone you can recommend that helped you kick-start your career as a visual artist, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis