Friday, January 14, 2011

Undiscovered Gold: Under My Skin

I must be in the mood to stir things up. While doing my weekly search through the newest Etsy shops, the only ones that seemed to catch my eye had something controversial about them. The shop I have picked is no exception. Some may question why I think this shop has anything off about it; to them I say FUR.

I will just start by saying that I am not a vegetarian. I have eaten meat all my life. However I am pretty liberal. My children know that the chicken nuggets they eat were once real chickens and their eggs would have been baby chickens. To some that may sound awful, but to me it is important that my children make a conscious decision to eat another living thing. On the other hand, I would never pick up a gun and kill my own dinner.

Now, more importantly, why I love BuslinHeirlooms. Vintage. Many years ago, when people didn't wear faux fur, these pieces were "harvested". Rather then picking up a new pelt from the back of their ancestors, we can continue to wear one of these. Linda meticulously photographs the coats inside and out and makes sure to add any information about the owner and history.

Another benefit of buying vintage is price. a brand new genuine fur coat can cost a pretty penny. Buying vintage is as good on the soul as it is on the wallet. So if you are in the market, as far as I am concerned, this is the place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis