Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ocean County Artist Marketplace 5/8

So many exciting things about this event. First, it was my first official "juried" show. i had to send them images of my work to be accepted into the show. You and I know that I have some great stuff, but to have the acceptance of and actual art institution feels pretty good.

Second, it was my first time using my new tent, and the first time I was showing my art exclusively. I have always brought along some of my knit items because i did not have the confidence to depend on my art covering my costs. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did I sell prints of my work, I sold one of my original drawings!

A lovely gentleman with an adorable little girl approached me about taking my picture for an article he was writing on the show. Fortunately, he came by before the wind picked up and my tent blew over! I was able to get a small spot inside the building for the last 2 hours of the show and have since called the company for replacement parts.

You can see the whole article online here. Now on to the next show in East Brunswick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis